Dog Friendly Accommodation
Dog friendly accommodation in Norfolk is plentiful! At last you can relax and have peace of mind, knowing that the hotel, pub, bed and breakfast or campsite or cottage is happy for you to have your pet with you. How nice is that! Everyone is happy!
Why miss out on the fabulous Norfolk scenery just because you can’t find somewhere to stay with your dog? Well, that isn’t an issue any more.
Just imagine, when you’re walking along that wonderful expanse of sandy beach, you won’t have that horrid feeling of “Oh, wouldn’t Harry have loved this….” because you will have brought him along too!
It does go without saying though, that most dog friendly accommodation will have a few restrictions on where your pet is allowed (the Great British “health and safety” army have laid down the law in the UK!), but many will allow them to stay in your room and accompany you to the bar area. Please respect the owner’s wishes as to where you can and can’t take your beloved pet.
Whether you’re looking for a pet friendly hotel or pub, a self-catering cottage that is dog friendly or a campsite or B&B, there is such a wide choice to choose from it can sometimes become too confusing.
Let me help you start your search with a very small selection of suggestions that I’ve highlighted here. I love finding relaxed accommodation, so you'll find these selections all ooze a laid back approach to your pet. This section of dog friendly accommodation will be growing rapidly, so please do bookmark this page for future use!
Dog Friendly Accommodation
Pet Friendly Pubs and Hotels
There are so many hotels and pubs that welcome dogs in Norfolk, in fact too many to write about here, so for your ease I have chosen a couple of extremely luxurious dog friendly hotels (sometimes we deserve a bit of luxury!) as well as some fantastic pubs.
Most pubs are naturally more relaxed that the hotels, but they still retain the standards you expect from a hotel accommodation. Some people feel more at ease in a pub rather than a hotel, so again, I have chosen some incredibly nice and relaxed pubs for you and your dog to stay in.
Briarfields Hotel, Titchwell
- Briarfields Hotel, Titchwell, is a little gem. As you sit in the garden or on the sun drenched terrace you can admire the wonderful views over Titchwell marsh and the sea. A family run hotel, an extremely friendly, high quality and relaxed dog friendly hotel. Read more about Briarfields Hotel here.
The Lodge Inn, Old Hunstanton
- This is a coastal pub on the North Norfolk coast. Again, it’s incredible relaxed as far as your dog is concerned, and perfect for long walks along the amazing Norfolk beaches. All the staff are really friendly and the food is excellent. You can read in more detail about The Lodge Inn here.
The Lobster Inn, Sheringham
- The Lobster Inn in Sheringham is one of the best dog friendly pubs in Sheringham. With 3 dog friendly rooms in the pub and 3 others in the converted stables, there's plenty of room for your pet. An 18th Century coaching inn, its perfectly situated extremely close to the beach. Find out more about The Lobster Inn here.
Titchwell Manor, Titchwell
- Titchwell Manor, on the North Norfolk coast, has the most stunning view over the marshes towards the sea, why not enjoy it with your dog too. This luxury hotel has a truly wonderful setting, fantastic head chef…. see some photos and find out more about Titchwell Manor here.
The Hoste, Burnham Market
- The Hoste, set in the iconic village of Burnham Market, not far from the coast, has some wonderfully luxurious dog friendly rooms. This hotel has a very relaxed atmosphere, a very popular bar and is a beautiful village to wander around. You can read my independent review here on The Hoste
The Crown, Wells-next-the-Sea
- The Crown Hotel, Wells-next-the-Sea is both a hotel and a pub combined and is nestled on the green in the middle of the town. This is yet another charming and extremely dog friendly hotel. Click here for more of my review of The Crown.
Dabbling Duck, Gt Massingham
- The Dabbling Duck, Great Massingham, in Mid Norfolk is an amazingly relaxed English village pub, with extremely comfortable bedrooms, cosy fire-side seats and delicious food. There’s usually a friendly dog somewhere around in the pub. Find out more on The Dabbling Duck
Bedingfeld Arms, Oxborough
- This is another fantastic dog friendly pub in the heart of West Norfolk. Situated opposite Oxburgh Hall, the Bedingfeld Arms is an 1783 coaching inn which has been lovingly renovated. It's has a completely relaxed atmosphere, they love dogs. You can read in more detail about the this dog friendly accommodation at Bedingfeld Arms here.
Dog Friendly Cottages
With such a choice of dog friendly accommodation in Norfolk, here are some ideas for some pet friendly self catering cottages where you can just relax with your dog, unwind and enjoy your holiday in Norfolk.
- A really short walk straight from your door to dog friendly Winterton beach
- Three cottages which sleep 6, 2 and 2. Can be taken as a whole, or individually.
- Versatile sleeping arrangements for a family group, or friends, or couples.
- Very dog friendly with enclosed garden area
- Close to Horsey beach to see the seals during the winter months
- Surrounded by open fields
- Peaceful and relaxing
- Car parking
- Very dog friendly with lots of dog walking available on the dunes and beaches
- Sleeps 4 +2 (2 children aged 5-10 yrs old on portable cube beds)
- Sea view
- All one level
- 2 minute’s walk to the sand dunes
- 3 minute’s walk to the beach
- 15 minute’s walk into Hembsy
- 5-10 minute’s drive to Winterton and Horsey (the seals)
- Close to the Norfolk Broads and Great Yarmouth
- Dog friendly for 1 or 2 dogs
- Secure dog friendly garden
- Sleeps 6 (1 double, 2 twins)
- 5 mins from Hickling Broad
- 10 mins from Sea Palling beach
- Close to dog friendly beaches
- Perfect for seal watching in winter
- Lots of walks nearby
- Close to nature reserves
- In a quiet village with local pub
- Car parking for 2 cars
Dog Friendly Norfolk
Dog Friendly Accommodation